When starting a company blog for your business, writing blog posts is just the beginning. Successful blogging requires time, hard work, and a lot of effort. Therefore, to meet your blogging goals, you should optimize your site for SEO, promote your content on the web and formulate ways to increase user engagement on your website. However, all this is futile without metrics to measure the success of your blog.
When it comes to blogging, there are a lot of metrics you can measure on your site. However, collecting all this data can be overwhelming, so you need to focus on the most crucial blogging metrics.
Track these metrics to measure the success of your blog;
- Blog visits. Tracking the number of visitors to your blog will give you insight into the performance of your content periodically and existing trends. Keeping track of content trends will help you align your strategy with the needs of your audience.
- Traffic sources. The source of your blog visits will help you evaluate the success of your content marketing campaigns. Whether your readers access your blog through social media, organic search, referrals, or email marketing, tracking this metric will help you craft winning promotional efforts. Plus, it will make you aware of the under-utilized channels and ways to use them effectively.
- Bounce rate. The bounce rate is the number of people who visited your blog and left without completing the desired action. The desired action could be either clicking on a call to action, subscribing, or signing up for your newsletter. Keeping a record of your bounce rate will give you a place to start as you look for performance-related issues on your blog.
- SERP Rankings. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is all the efforts you put in place to improve your search engine rankings. The higher the search rankings, the better your online visibility, which increases the traffic, readership, and user engagement on your blog.
- Keyword rankings. As you use keywords to improve the SEO of your business blog, it is crucial to monitor how your keywords rank. Proper keyword research will enhance the chances of readers finding your best blog content. Ensure each page on your blog targets one primary keyword, and optimize the page for that phrase to reap more SEO benefits.
- Backlinks. Backlinks are a crucial search-ranking factor in your SEO efforts. Links to your blog improve your visibility, which helps to familiarize people with your business. They also play an essential part in setting up content strategies and ensuring the content achieves the desired results.
- Email Subscribers. If you are not building an email list for your business, you could be missing out on a profitable means to generated leads and increase conversions from your blog. Creating an email newsletter for your blog is an efficient strategy to increase user engagement.
- Email click-through rates. The click-through rate of your emails is the percentage of email subscribers who receive your email, open it and click on a link to your blog. It gives valuable information to help measure the success of your email marketing campaigns.
- Leads. Blog content that increases traffic, engagement and brings in customers is proof that your content strategy is working. Tracking leads generated by your content is one way to look into how effective your blog is in the customer conversion journey.
- Conversion rates. The primary goal of tracking the page visits, traffic sources, leads, and SEO of your business blog is to improve the conversion rates. Plus, understanding your conversion rate will help you implement Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) to make new changes to your blog and content.
Blogging is a powerful strategy to increasing the visibility of your business. But, if you are not tracking anything, you are just flying blind. While there are many more metrics, keeping a strong focus on the important ones will help you concentrate on creating content and other aspects of your content strategy.