If you are looking to start a blog, WordPress is a user-friendly and intuitive platform to kickstart your blogging journey. Plus, it has a variety of features for the enhanced functionality to meet your online needs.
You can install WordPress in DirectAdmin using two methods;
- Manual installation. Using this procedure, you manually upload and configure the WordPress software on your website.
- One-click installation. If you are a beginner, this is the preferred method as it easy and does not require technical knowledge about configuration or manually installing any files.
In this tutorial, we will take you through the installation of WordPress via DirectAdmin using both methods.
How to Install WordPress via Softaculous One-Click Installer
- Log in to your DirectAdmin. The DirectAdmin dashboard has a wide range of beginner-friendly tools that make the website creation process and management easy.
- Navigate to the Softaculous Apps Installer icon.
- Click on the WordPress icon. You can also use the Search tab or the navigation panel to find the icon.
- Click on Install Now.
- The installation page will appear, where you will fill in the domain name you want to use in the drop-down menu. To install WordPress in the root directory, ensure the directory field is blank. If in a folder, you should enter the name in the directory folder. Fill in the site name and description for your blog and set the language, admin username, and password. Then set the Advanced Options, which includes backups and automatic updates as desired.
- Click the Install tab.
How to manually install WordPress
- Download WordPress from the official website and save the .zip file in the system.
- Log in to DirectAdmin.
- Click on File Manager in the dashboard. Under the public_html folder, select the domain name where you want to Install WordPress.
- Upload the WordPress .zip file to your server. On the drop-down menu on the top-left corner, click on the Upload Files option. Then extract the WordPress .zip file in the public_html folder.
- After uploading the files, run the WordPress installation script.
- Fill in your site’s details, such as site name, description, language, your admin username, and password.
- Click Install WordPress.
Learning how to install WordPress gives you an added advantage when it comes to building a successful site. After you have successfully installed WordPress, you can choose a suitable theme, install plugins that you need, and start the content creation process. Get in touch with our support team here if you need any assistance installing WordPress.