As your website grows and you add more content, you need to ensure that all your data is protected. A big part of developing a comprehensive security plan to protect your site data is creating backups. Hence, performing regular backups is crucial to prevent risks involved when running a website.
How to backup your account in DirectAdmin
2. On the DirectAdmin dashboard, scroll down to the Advanced Features section.
3. Click on the Create/Restore Backups option.
4. On the Backups page, select all the items you want to include in the backup. i.e.., Emails, FTP Accounts, Databases, etc.
5. Click on the Create Backup button at the bottom of the page.
6. After the backup is complete, you will receive a ‘Your backups are now ready’ message on DirectAdmin. Plus, you will receive a notification via email.
7. The backup archive will be available in the /backups/ directory of your domain. (example: backup-Jul-12-2021-1.tar.gz)
How to restore backups in DirectAdmin
1. Under the Advanced Features section, click on Create/Restore Backups option.
3. Click the Restore button on the next page.
4. From the drop-down menu, select the backup archive that you want to restore. You can click the ‘View Current Backups’ link to access your recent backups directly from the File Manager in the /backups/directory.
5. Select the items you want to restore (email accounts, databases, etc.)
6. Click the Restore button. You will receive a ‘Restore Complete’ notification message.
We offer free remote backup for your entire DirectAdmin Account (including website files, databases, emails, cron jobs, SSL certs, and DNS zones) taken twice a week. Plus, easy self-service backup management via DirectAdmin Dashboard and Client Area.
Even though we handle backups, there is no backup schedule that is perfect for every website. Hence, you might need to perform regular backups, depending on how often you update your website.
If you have any questions or need help creating and restoring backups in DirectAdmin, you can contact our support team via live chat or email@example.com.