Managing your website is easy if you have a powerful and straightforward admin panel. The DirectAdmin control panel is the home base for all things related to your websites, domains, and hosting account. Therefore, you need to understand how to navigate the panel to perform various tasks, such as updating user preferences on your website.
In this tutorial, we will go through the quick functions you can accomplish, as a beginner, on your DirectAdmin panel.
When you log in to the DirectAdmin dashboard, you will find a drop-down menu with ease of access features and user preferences.
Here is a round-up of the quick tasks you can perform on your DirectAdmin panel;
Domain Setup. Setting up your domain on DirectAdmin is one of the functions you can easily accomplish. Under this section, you can find existing domain names and add new domain names.
Use these steps to set up a domain;
- Under the Your Account section on the left bar area, click on Domain Setup.
- Click on the Add New plus button to add a domain name.
- On the next prompt, fill in the domain name and allocate bandwidth, disk usage and configure the other options as desired.
- Then click Create to add a domain name to the DirectAdmin control panel.
After setting up your domain name, update your Domain name servers and wait for the domain propagation process to complete before accessing it on the web.
Change Passwords. Changing your passwords is a good practice to prevent unauthorized access and data breach on your website.Other than that, DirectAdmin has more options to tighten the security, such as adding security questions and enabling two-step authentication. To change passwords;
- On the drop-down menu, click on the Password tab.
- Type your current DirectAdmin password on the empty text box.
- In the textbox, enter your new password.
- Click Submit to finish changing your password. You will receive a Password Changed confirmation message.
Customize Skin Options. Under this section, you can update and customize the DirectAdmin dashboard user interface to meet your style and preference.
View log-in history.
To check the DirectAdmin log in history;
1. On the drop-down user menu, look for the Login History link.
2. Click on the tab to be directed to the next page containing the log-in history- the date, IP address, and the number of log-in attempts made.
Log-in Keys. Log-in keys allow you to create more passwords for your account. To set up log-in keys;
- Click on the Log-in keys tab on the user menu.
- On the next page, click on Create.
- Fill in the attributes, such as username, expiry date, usage limit, allowed IP addresses etc.
- Click Create to finish setting up the passwords.
Log-in keys are one-way encrypted and cannot be retrieved if you forget them.
Being acquainted with the DirectAdmin panel will make it easier to navigate and update user preferences without contacting your hosting provider. However, if you are in doubt about some functionality, you can contact our live support team or email@example.com for further assistance.