As a result of digitization and the growth of e-commerce, virtually anyone can take their business online and compete in the digital market place. For a successful online business, you need to be armed with the right resources to keep your site up round-the-clock and also provide a great experience to your customers. Therefore, you should choose a hosting plan that supports your current needs as well as future demands.
These are the hosting features that your e-commerce site needs to thrive;
- Highly scalable. As your website expands, you need to prepare for any growing pains, such as slow loading speed, due to increased traffic. Your site’s speed not only affects the customer experience, but it also factors in search engine rankings. Since online customers have an array of e-commerce sites to choose from, you need to work harder to keep them on your site longer to generate sales. A quality e-commerce hosting package should be highly scalable to keep up with traffic spikes for better speed and performance.
- Security. E-commerce sites are built on a model of trust. With a lot of personal information, such as credit card information, being exchanged online, you need to reassure your customers that the data shared is safe and secure. Therefore, you need to implement stringent security measures to protect the consumers’ data. When choosing a web host, keep an eye out for SSL certificates, malware scanners, and server firewalls integrated into the hosting packages, to prevent hackers from exploiting any flaws in your e-commerce site.
- Reliable server uptime. Ideally, your e-commerce site should perform optimally throughout. It should be accessible to users at all times and be able to withstand traffic at all seasons without crashing. Hence, any downtime experienced should be dealt with promptly to avoid loss of business. An ideal web hosting plan should guarantee you an uptime of 99.9 per cent for your online business to flourish.
- Compatibility with the e-commerce platform. It’s also crucial to check if the software of the content management system(CMS) of your e-commerce site, is compatible with the hosting option. Research beforehand the availability of plugins or add-on purchases you would prefer in your e-commerce platform, to save you a lot of trouble of having to switch to another down the line.
- Strong database performance. An e-commerce site stores a large number of products and product information, such as product identification numbers, prices, size options, and delivery information. The database stores all the product information and pages, making the product search smoother for customers. Having a robust database will not only improve the efficiency of handling transactional customer data and orders, but it will also provide a fast and smooth on-site shopping experience. Choose a hosting plan that offers scalable bandwidth for accommodating the processing of multiple product files.
If you are intending to launch an e-commerce site or are seeking new hosting for an existing store, you should pick scalable e-commerce solutions that can handle the expansion of your business at every stage. We have web hosting packages to suit e-commerce businesses of all sizes, from micro-stores to large enterprises. Follow the links below to view the packages.