Have you made your New Year’s resolutions yet? It comes without saying that you have or are thinking of setting some goals for 2018. We’ve set to avoid junk food, hit the gym and probably make big money. That aside, it is a good time to reflect on your business’s security online.
Last year, around May, there was a worldwide ransomware cyberattack with over 200,000 victims leaving over 300,000 computers infected. You don’t want to fall victim to any cyberspace vulnerabilities. As you reflect and plan to grow your business online, these ten resolutions need to be on your to-do list:
- Ensure you have a reliable antivirus software, including an internet security software for browser & network security.
- Ensure you have a firewall on your internet connected devices.
- Use strong and unique passwords for your emails and cPanel. We advocate that you reset all your passwords to new ones every three months.
- Backup your data regularly, including but not limited to, website files and emails. You can also subscribe to our data backup services.
- Be careful on links you click when browsing and opening email attachments or links from untrustworthy sources.
- Avoid accessing your accounts such as email and cPanel while using free WiFi
- Subscribe to privacy protection for whois details. This will protect you from spam and scam as your contact information will not be visible.
- Use SSL certificate to secure your domain. You can subscribe to our free Let’s Encrypt SSL via an email request or purchase one on our website.SSL certificates
- Regularly check your website and other similar or related sites. Fraudsters could plagiarize your website for fraudulent deals.
- Sensitize your employees on security threats and precautions to take to prevent vulnerability.